Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hey Ya'll



Hello everybody. Here is this weeks letter from Malary. I am really excited because I get to "see" her on Sunday for a Mother's Day Skype! I can't wait! Enjoy her letter and thank you again for your love and support of my girl.

Hey Ya’ll!

I'm definitely soaking it up. I feel like I'm leaking because of everything I'm learning. I don't even know how to put it in words! It gets hard and maybe a little frustrating, but that's just my body trying to keep up with my spiritual self. The Lord's work will not be frustrated in any way.

Cool story! Sister I and I got goose bumps a few days ago. We were driving and passed this great open field of wheat that was completely white. We quoted the scripture that the field is all white and ready to harvest. The field wasn't half brown, a little green, and a patch of white. It was all white and glowing from the sun. The Lord has people prepared. I think of it like this; I have to gain the Lord's trust with these people He has been preparing their whole lives. Like the members, I wouldn't hand over my best friend to just any missionaries until they've proven they are truly the Lord's obedient servants. It was so cool to see.

We biked again last week. But now we have miles again. Actually, once a week we want to bike all day. I would petal hard to the next appointment or destination. Uphill, downhill, uphill downhill. Go, go, go, sweat, sweat, sweat. Once I passed a young person walking and just said hi. I kept pedaling hard. I turn around like I do every so often to see Sister I and she had stopped to talk to him. At first I was thinking about our appointment and destination we had to be at. She started to ride back towards me so I let her pass me and biked up this particularly big hill. Then, a scripture popped into my head from Preach My Gospel. D&C 61:3 "But verily I say unto you, that it is not needful for this whole company of mine elders to be moving swiftly upon the waters, whilst the inhabitants on either side are perishing in unbelief." These missionaries in a sense were traveling swiftly in the river. I was passing by God's children. As I came to the crest of the hill, I thought, ok, the next person I am stopping to talk to. Right at the bottom of the hill I spotted that lucky person. Sister I and I stopped him and talked to him about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm on the Lord's time, not mine. I'm focusing this week on really forgetting myself and getting to work. I will never be the missionary the Lord knows I can be if I don't consecrate myself.

Sunday was incredible. We taught our progressing investigator class on base. There were sixteen in our class. We broke into groups with a specific topic. We focused on the gospel of Jesus Christ; faith in Christ, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. So each group had a topic with a list of scriptures we chose. I was with one group with these trainees who had such great questions. Our topic was the Holy Ghost. We talked about how the Holy Spirit speaks to YOU. One of the trainees shared such a personal and special experience about prayer and the Holy Spirit. I know that the Spirit testifies of truth. We felt it in that packed classroom. Especially when each group shared what they learned. We really saw how the Lord is in every detail of His work.

After our meetings, church services, and linger longer with our singles branch, we didn't know what to do. We were already over on our miles and the person we wanted to see didn't work out. Our solid investigator doesn't want to meet anymore for a while. So we were a little disheartened, but made a decision. We went to visit a neighborhood we had no success with the day before. Smart sisters, right? Go back to the area you had no luck with. But the Lord provided. First house. No one. Second house. No one. We had parked and were walking. It was pretty hot but not unbearable. The next door we knocked on was going to be our last in that area. We didn't know what we were going to do. We knock. The door opens and calls to the rest of the house, "THE SISTERS ARE HERE!" Then to us, "Come on in, dinners on the counter, make yourselves at home." We were in shock. We had come across a HUGE extended member family Sunday dinner. Three of the people that are supposed to be coming to our young single adult branch we had wanted to meet were there. One of those young ladies had a really good friend living with her down the street who is not a member of the Church but interested in learning! The food was so good. It was a crazy house with tons of people and kids running around, so loud, messy, and..... it felt just like home. I met a sweet homeschool, Shakespeare loving, farming, humble, humorous family. The Lord provides such tender mercies. We just had to push a little harder, walk a litter farther, look a little longer, and He was always there. We ended up having a great spiritual lesson that night.

I love serving here. There's so much I want to learn, do, and work on. But it feels like it's flying right by. I love you so much and know that I pray for you. The Lord says it to Nephi perfectly of course. 1 Nephi 17:13 "And I will also be your alight in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." The Lord leads us and this mission. I love it.

Sister Greenwood

A lot of avocados from Grandma Needham. The girls love them, although they have no idea how they are going to use them. They mentioned facials...

The Magic Bullet. I sent them a Magic Bullet, and they love it. It is a quick and healthy way to eat. She said it's the best missionary gift ever. I don't know about that, but it is getting hot there, and she said it is refreshing to have a cold smoothie when they are done after a sweaty bike ride.

Their newest investigator.

Sister I kissing a cute chick. They love those cute little farm animals.

Sister I reading the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment